The general ledger account list page displays a list of general ledger accounts in your current view. From this page, you can view detailed general ledger account The general ledger will normally include general ledger accounts (GLAs) for items such as income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and reserves. information and access other related information.
- Click the name of the general ledger account to view the general ledger account detail.
- Click Edit to edit the general ledger account. When you have finished, click Save. You can also click Save & New to save the current item and create another.
- Choose a predefined view from the drop-down list to select the records to display. Alternatively, you can select Create New View to define your own list view.
- Click Printable View to display the current list view in a format that is ready for printing.
- Click New General Ledger Account to create a new general ledger account.
- Click any column heading to sort the records using that column’s data.
See "Viewing Custom Object Lists" in the Salesforce Help for more information on using list views.
Once you have located a general ledger account on the home or list pages, click the general ledger account name to display detailed information.
See General Ledger Account Fields for a full description of the standard fields that make up a general ledger account.
Deleting General Ledger Accounts
To delete a general ledger account:
- Once you have located the general ledger account that you want to delete on the home or list pages, click its name to display its detail page.
- Click Delete. A warning message is displayed.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion. The deleted record is moved to the recycle bin.
Depending on the dates mentioned in the Posting Effective Dates section, you can restrict the GLAs from being assigned to the documents. This feature ensures that documents only use valid general ledger accounts.
To apply posting effective dates to a GLA:
- In General Ledger Accounts, locate the GLA you want to apply the Posting Effective Dates to.
- In the Allow Posting field click | | Select Dates.
- In the Date From field, click and select the date from which documents using this GLA can be posted. The start date of the document's period is checked against the Date From field to validate if the GLA can be used or not.
- In the Date To field, click and select the date until which documents using this GLA can be posted. The end date of the document's period is checked against the Date To field to validate if the GLA can be used or not.
- Click Save.
Notes and Attachments
You can create, view, and edit notes and add attachments from the Notes & Attachments section. This section is used to attach any internal notes you want to retain about the record. For more information, see the Salesforce Help.
The lower portion of the page provides information related to the general ledger account, such as any products, tax codes or bank accounts. You will see, for example, a field level history of changes to the cash flow analysis values.
The related lists that you see are determined by your personal customization, by any customization your administrator One or more individuals in your organization who can configure and customize the application. Users assigned the System Administrator profile have administrator privileges. has made to page layouts or your permissions to view related data. You can click on individual items to display additional detail. Clicking New lets you directly add new items.