- In the View section, select an appropriate list view from the drop-down list to go directly to that list page, or click Create New View to define your own custom list view. List views let you display a list of records that match specific criteria.
- In the Recent section, select an item from the drop-down list on the right to display a brief list of the top records matching that criteria. The choices are listed in the table that follows.
- From the list, you can click any sourcing request number to go directly to its detail.
- Click New to create a new requisition.
|The last 10 or 25 records you viewed, with the most recently viewed item listed first. This list is derived from your recent items and includes records owned by you and other users.
|The last 10 or 25 records you created, with the most recently created item listed first. This list only includes records owned by you.
|The last 10 or 25 records you updated, with the most recently updated item listed first. This list only includes records owned by you.
A sourcing request is a request for pricing and delivery information that you send to a supplier for an item that is to be procured. There are three solicitation types that you can choose from, depending on the type of response you want from the supplier:
- RFQ: Request For Quote
- RFP: Request For Proposal
- RFI: Request For Information
A sourcing request contains one or more lines that determine the items you want the procurement information for.
There are several types of sourcing request lines that you can add to a sourcing request depending on the type of goods or services that you want to request for.
Sourcing Request Line Type
|Use this sourcing line type to source items that are defined in the Item Master.
|This sourcing line type is a request for capital equipment.
|Use this sourcing line type for a contract service. There is no receiving process involved with this type.
|Use this sourcing line type to purchase something based on the description.
|This sourcing line type is for outside services (for example, a part is sent to the supplier, it is serviced, and returned through receiving).
|Use this sourcing line type to request items from a known supplier catalogue.
You send a sourcing request to a supplier in the form of a Supplier RFQ Request for Quote. When you receive a response from a supplier, you can create sourcing response records to record the information that came back from the supplier. You can associate sourcing response records with a customer quotation.
Sourcing Request Workflow
The sourcing request workflow is as follows:
- Sourcing request is created.
- Sourcing request lines are created.
- Supplier RFQ is created, either from the Supplier RFQs related list or using the Source Requirements button.
- Requests are delivered to all suppliers in the supplier RFQs associated with the sourcing request using the Deliver All Requests button.
- A sourcing response per supplier RFQ is automatically generated.
- Information for the sourcing responses is entered.
- Sourcing responses from the different suppliers are evaluated using the Evaluate Supplier Responses button.
- A purchase order is created from the preferred sourcing response.