Setting up Customer Success Cloud
Before you can use Customer Success Cloud, you must:
- Ensure you have carried out the tasks outlined in Preparing to Install.
- Assign Customer Success Cloud licenses to your users.
- Assign the relevant permissions to your users.
- [Optional] Customize Customer Success Cloud Lightning components. For more information, see Customer Success CloudLightning Components.
- [Optional] Set up custom notifications and flows.
- [Optional] Enable tracking for recommended objects and fields.
You can assign the following permission set groups to users for access to Customer Success Cloud:
Permission Set Group Name
|Certinia - CSC - Customer Success Manager
|Includes the CSC - Customer Success permission set.
For more information about the permissions included in this permission set group, see Permission Sets and Other Technical Documentation.
Setting Up Custom Notifications and Flows
We recommend that you set up custom notifications and flows, to enable users to receive notifications for the following scenarios:
- When a user is assigned as the Playbook Owner of a playbook.
- When a user is assigned to a playbook task.
For more information, see Setting Up Custom Notifications and Flows.
Setting Up Object and Field Tracking for Activity Tracker
We recommend that you set up object and field tracking, to enable users to see activity history for supported objects and fields with tracking enabled in the Activity Tracker component.
For a list of recommended objects and fields to track, see Customizable Lightning Components.
For more information about enabling object and field tracking, see the Salesforce Help.
CS Cloud Core Analytics
For information about setting up CS Cloud Core Analytics, see the following topics:
Using Customer Success Cloud Components On your Experience Cloud Site
You can add the CSC Playbook Task Portfolio Grid component to your existing Experience Cloud site to enable your customers to view and edit playbook tasks.
When using the Playbook Task Portfolio Grid on your Experience Cloud site the following buttons are not available:
- Add Task
- Delete Tasks
- Flag Tasks
- Click Setup | Feature Settings | Digital Experiences | All Sites.
- Click Builder next to the site you want to update.
- Click . The Components panel opens.
- Navigate to the Custom Components section.
- Drag the CSC Playbook Task Portfolio Grid onto the page.
- Click Publish, then Publish again. You will receive an email confirmation when your changes are live on your Experience Cloud site.
You can configure your Experience Cloud site permissions to control how your customers can interact with playbook tasks. Permissions can restrict some of the functionality, enabling you to protect your data while still enabling the customer to view their tasks, and perform permitted actions enforced by your permission configuration.
For more information about setting up permission sets, see the "Getting Started with PSA Experience Cloud Sites Summer 2022" PDF on the Certinia Community.
You can decide which objects to give your users access to. You must create sharing sets to share the records with your users. A user can only see an object if their profile allows them at least read-only access to it.
To create a sharing set, Navigate to Setup | Feature Settings | Digital Experiences | Settings. For information on how to create a sharing set, search for “Set Up Sharing Sets” in the Salesforce Help.
To share records with your users:
- On the Sharing Set Edit page, enter a label in the Label field and accept the default Sharing Set Name. Label is the sharing set label as it appears on the user interface. The Sharing Set Name is the unique name used by the API.
- Select the profiles of the users to whom you want to provide access: Customer Community Plus User or Partner Community User.
- Select the following objects to grant users access to them:
- Playbook Task
- From the Configure Access section, click Edit next to the Playbook object. The Access Mapping for Playbook window opens. Select the following values from the fields displayed:
- User: "Account"
- Target Project: "csc__Account__c"
- Access Level: "Read Only"
- Click Save.
The following table details the minimum required object permissions for a Community user to have access to playbooks and playbook tasks: