The Collections Plus home page contains the following sections:
- Reminders. This section displays the reminder rules that you have set up and the number of reminders that are due to be sent for each rule. You can drill down to view the invoices for a reminder rule and select the invoices that you want to exclude from the reminder process.
- Customer Statements. This section displays the customer statement rule that you have set up and the number of customer statements that are due to be sent for the rule.
The sections available depend on your permissions.
For more information on the fields displayed on the Collections Plus home page, see Collections Plus Fields.
For information on setting up the collections process, see Setting up Collections Plus.
- Send email reminders to your customers, listing the invoices that are due for payment.
- Set up rules, based on the due date, that select the invoices to send reminders for.
- Select the email template that you want to use for each reminder rule. You can use Classic email templates to send reminders and create invoice attachments. If you have Conga Connector installed you can Conga templates to create attachments instead.
- Schedule reminder rules so that reminders are sent automatically. You cannot schedule rules that use Conga.
By default, reminders are sent to the finance contact on the account record. If you want to send reminders to other contacts, you can add the Collections Communications Contact and Collections Communication Preference fields to the contact record. Reminders are also sent to a contact if the following criteria are met:
- The Collections Communications Contact checkbox is selected.
- The Collection Communications Preference is set to Email.
- There is a valid email address on the contact record.
You can also configure the Additional Contacts Field Name For SIN custom setting to send reminders for sales invoices to additional email addresses. You cannot use this custom setting if you have one of the following custom settings enabled:
- Send Reminders for Billing Documents.
- Send All Invoices In One Email.
For more information, see Setting up Collections Plus.
Customer statements contain a list of unpaid or part-paid documents for a customer account during the month prior to the statement date.
You can set up a rule to select accounts to send statements to customers on a specific day of the month. You can only use Classic email templates for customer statements.
Customer statements are sent to the finance contact on the account record. You cannot send customer statements to other contacts.