Gantt enables you to create and manage project tasks. When you have opened Gantt from a project, any existing tasks, dependencies and project task assignments (PTAs) are loaded.
You can use Gantt to:
- Load project tasks, dependencies and project task assignments (PTAs) from existing projects.
- Create, modify, and delete project tasks.
- Create a task hierarchy, and add dependencies and lag durations between tasks.
- Use work calendars and the project time zone when creating and editing tasks.
- Assign resources to project tasks, add and view resource percentage or hour allocations for PTAs, link a resource to an assignment or resource request, and open the native assignment or resource request.
- Add estimated hours for tasks, view actual hours entered on timecards, and estimated time to completion for tasks.
- Link to existing pages to create assignments and resource requests for project tasks.
- View projects over different time periods between hours and years.
- Print your Gantt charts.
For an introduction to using Gantt, see Starting with Gantt.
To open Gantt:
- Open an existing project.
- Click Actions | Project Planning Tools | Open Gantt. Gantt opens, and your project details are displayed in two panes: Task Grid and Gantt Chart.
If your operating system and Salesforce user time zones are not synchronized, you are prompted to update your Salesforce user time zone to your operating system time zone. A further warning is displayed and you can only view Gantt as read-only if:
- You click No in the prompt message.
- Your operating system is set to a time zone region that is not supported by Salesforce.
- Your browser, such as IE11 does not support time zone region detection.