- In the View section, select an appropriate list view from the drop-down list to go directly to that list page, or click Create New View to define your own custom list view. List views let you display a list of records that match specific criteria.
- In the Recent section, select an item from the drop-down list to display a brief list of the top records matching that criteria. The choices are listed in the table.
- From the list, you can click any project name to go directly to its detail.
- Click New to create a new project.
|The last 10 or 25 records you viewed, with the most recently viewed item listed first. This list is derived from your recent items and includes records owned by you and other users.
|The last 10 or 25 records you created, with the most recently created item listed first. This list only includes records owned by you.
|The last 10 or 25 records you updated, with the most recently updated item listed first. This list only includes records owned by you.
In PSA, a project is a collection of activities and related items to be managed over a defined time range, such as a timecard A mechanism for logging time against a project or an assignment., expense A record of expenses incurred by resources assigned to a project or opportunity., milestone A fixed target, which when achieved, can be billed to the customer for a fixed fee or by logging time against it. and budget An amount used to manage expenditure on customer purchase orders, internal budgets, outbound vendor purchase orders and work orders. A budget must be associated with a project.. Projects are the shell around your organization's professional services tracking. You can associate billable projects with accounts and opportunities. You can also create a project hierarchy by creating child projects. Project data rolls-up to the region A level of hierarchy used in PSA to which other objects belong such as resources, opportunities and projects., practice A level of hierarchy used in PSA to which other objects belong such as resources, opportunities and projects. or group A level of hierarchy used in PSA to which other objects belong such as resources, opportunities and projects. (RPG Abbreviation of region, practice, group.) associated with the project.
PSA calculates actuals automatically from project data. Backlog and utilization need to be explicitly requested.
If you have the permissions to do so you can:
- Auto-assign resources to projects
- Clone projects.
- Create a project from an existing project, a template, or an opportunity. Your administrator can customize the process with Field Sets.
- Copy items when creating a project from a template. These include assignments; milestones; project tasks with related resource requests or assignments; resource requests from a project template or an opportunity; and project tasks with related task dependencies and project task assignments.
- Create global projects to track activities not related to a particular project. You can use a global project to track things like vacations and internal non-billable projects.
- Create new projects.
- Delete projects.
- Generate billing events.
- Generate change requests.
- Generate status reports.
- Manage resources using the Project Planner and Resource Planner.
- Search for projects using the advanced options on the Project Planner.
- Share access to project activities with project managers and resources.
- View and edit project attributes.